[ANN] Quicktime Issues Wiki

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Nov 1 22:16:32 EST 2006

Wonderful post!

"Don't look for QT to replace Flash across the board.  It won't. "

Fair enough. Having done a miniscule bit of work in Flash, they
are certainly worlds apart and having the expectation that
QT should to what Flash does "across the board"
is probably too much to ask...

Your post would indicate "all is well with QT, just don't expect to
make chapatis with it."   But I think Stephan's original point
though is still good, answer to Greg's issues:
  identify some subset of functions we would
like to have in QT that are now only available in Flash and tell
Apple about it.

e.g.  I didn't see any reference to SMIL (my chapati) in the
"Directions and Shifts of Emphasis in Quicktime 7" (yes -- very interesting
and encouraging to read that...)

Goal would be: to use XML to "talk" to the video region in a streamed