Open Letter to Rev: Quality Is Job #1

Hershel Fisch hershf at rgllc.us
Wed Nov 1 18:52:48 EST 2006

On 10/20/06 4:21 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> Bill Marriott wrote:
In general I agree that rev is the tool I like best.
But in a way I'm wondering why I see bugs and features reported or requested
years ago and aren't addressed yet. And if addressed aren't resolved yet,
few of them are very important ones, competitive necessary.

> Perhaps, but I am more inclined to suspect that the wrong standalone
> engine crept into his Runtime folder somehow. No one else has mentioned
> any problems with it.
Which is a major,

> Months later, I finally was able to pin down the fact that the debugger
> didn't work if the stack file path had a comma in it. This turned out to
> be the exact same problem that affected the internet library. I wrote to
> Dave Cragg and he had a fix for me within a single day. I reported the
> same thing to the team and the next release of Revolution had a fix in it.

I'm wondering if the "postgers" data base library ( I assume that it applies
to all db libraries) Is working now with 2.7.4 ? I put up a question
recently regarding this issue. In build 291 it doesn't, its needed to copy
and paste the database libraries from version 2.7.1 to get it to work. I
think this is a major problem and easy to correct and......

Hershel