Stripping blank spaces before and after a word. Help

Dave Herndon herndogy at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 1 12:54:55 EST 2006

Does anyone have a handy little script that could be put in a repeat loop to evaluate either the contents of several fields, or a comma delimitered list of variables, and strip any blank spaces that may or may not exist from before and after the contents. To ready the data for insertion into a database.  I am having an issue with data being entered with spaces before of after the words,  and then not showing up in a data query because of that.
  I usualy insert the datra from several fields into a list such as
  var1,var2,var3, etc before entering it into a database.
  Thanks
  Dave