turning a list into something more complex

Jonathan Lynch jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Wed May 31 11:22:34 EDT 2006

I think you could do this by modifying my pseudo-table object:

http://revolution.widged.com/stacks/open/components/spreadsheet_object.rev

Each row already contains a pulldown menu (accessed by right-clicking in the
space to the left of the row). You can just change the options on that
pulldown menu. Each row is a subgroup of the spreadsheet object.

1) delete all rows except row 1
2) Go into the subgroup that contains the items for row 1 and change it to
meet your needs
3) create new rows as needed, using the insert row option in the pulldown
menu for row 1, or by hitting tab when in the very last cell

When it creates a new row, it does so by copying row 1, so whatever changes
you make to row 1 will now be present in every row in the table.

If this will work for you, I can help you with any scripting questions you
might have for using that pseudo-table object.

Take care,

Jonathan