turning a list into something more complex

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Wed May 31 11:14:10 EDT 2006

Checkboxes are a pain to implement in a scrolling field. And users
are presented with a bewildering array of checkboxes.

Why don't you just have the number of checkboxes you need for one
line off to the side or top of a scrolling field. They could set the
delimited data line selection to one's or checkmarks (in the line)
without having to implement check boxes on each line.

In other words, the list, when clicked, would put the data on that
selection line into one special line of checkboxes and fields for
data entry and an 'enter' button, which then puts the data back on
the selection line.

THis is the classic 'list' and 'detail' views of a database.

A popup menu or menus can also be used to alter data in a line.

--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o