Saving information in Revolution

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Sun May 28 01:44:49 EDT 2006

Mark:

Kindest thanks for your reference!

Alvaro:

You may want to visit a scripting conferences stack by Ken Ray at
http://downloads.runrev.com/section/scriptingconferences.php

See also the "specialFolderPath" function via the Rev docs.

I have a PDF on this as well:
http://jperryl.ecs.fullerton.edu/FileIOHandout.pdf

As Mark says, Hypercard's ability to save itself (that is, be
self-modifying) is not supported in modern executables.  But you can save
settings to a text file on the stack's close and then read them back in
upon a stack (that is, a file's) opening to set custom settings as far as
I understand things.

Everyone else:

Should you still be reading, if you find anything gargantuanly stupid at
http://jperryl.ecs.fullerton.edu/FileIOHandout.pdf , please do let me
know!

@;-)

Judy