date anomalies when converting to seconds

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu May 25 23:14:23 EDT 2006

On 5/25/06, Rob Cozens <rcozens at pon.net> wrote:

> so I had to learn to deal with dates spanning at least a century.
>
> I continue to prefer Julian notation personally.

I downloaded Sarah's date & time functions, and although they worked, I
found that they were far to long and complex, that I could get the results I
needed much quicker with dateItems. Now I understand why they are so
complex.

The dilema of course, for me anyway, is do I keep taking the short cut and
assume that Rev will eventually resolve the 2038 issue, or do I just nip it
in the bud and go with Julian dates. I don't really need to look too far
forward, a couple of years max, and no further back than 1980.

Sarah, if you need any more encouragement to go from 'gradually' to fully
using YYYYMMDD, HHMMSS I'd just like to add that such formats are sooooo
easy to convert to UNIX & SQL that I'd certainly appreciate it:-)