sample rates in audio

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu May 18 02:43:13 EDT 2006

Theoretical only...

on recordSound
   set the recordsamplesize to 16
   set the recordrate  to 2.5
   set the recordformat to "wave"
   record sound file gAudioTestPath
end recordSound

Doesn't do anything... movie props still   show 16 bit, 8 kHz... and
files is exactly the same as

on recordSound
   set the recordsamplesize to 11
   set the recordrate  to 5
   set the recordformat to "wave"
   record sound file gAudioTestPath
end recordSound

on recordSound
   set the recordsamplesize to 16
   set the recordrate  to 8
   set the recordformat to "wave"
   record sound file gAudioTestPath
end recordSound

each of the above delivers the same size file, quality and movie
props in QT pro

I don't get anything decent with 8 bit at all.