Ken Burns Effect Algorithm-Functions

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu May 18 02:17:47 EDT 2006

Alex... thanks... this is better, yes, but there is still the
"twinkling" of pixels everywhere as it zooms in... if i open the same
photo in iMovie and run a Burns effect zoom on it... it is absolutely
smooth... Actually the "twinkle" effect would be a good for thing for
children... but pros will sneer at it...

I would be interesting in understanding the fundamental differences
from the "video physics" between the two technologies.. the Rev
script is obviously just doing simple geometry...

I wonder how a movie technology differs...

Am I asking too much to try to get the same thing in Revolution?  (I
expect so...)  My whole endeavor here is to avoid a heavy weight QT
app for light weight internet delivery.