regEx to remove spaces ?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed May 17 11:31:38 EDT 2006

Hi JB,

Again, no regex. I looked into regex, but I can't find how to replace
quoted strings without knowing the whole string in advance. It would
be great if someone came up with a regex solution for this. In the
mean time, this function seems to do the job quite nicely:

function decentQuotes theStr
   set the itemDel to space
   repeat for each word myWord in theStr
     if number of items of myWord > 1
     then put quote & word 1 to -1 of (char 2 to -2 of myWord) & ¬
     quote & space after myNewStr else put myWord & space after myNewStr
   end repeat
   return char 1 to -2 of myNewStr
end decentQuotes

Note that it assumes that strings are always surrounded by pairs of
quotes. Grammar errors are not taken care of.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 17-mei-2006, om 11:45 heeft jbv het volgende geschreven: