Send Keys

Russ McBride russmcb at tsw.berkeley.edu
Thu May 11 13:14:28 EDT 2006

I've been able to send keystrokes into just about any field using a
combination of the David Lloyd's "Extra Suites"
http://osaxen.com/files/extrasuites1.1.html

and Prefab's UI Browser (to help you figure out what object you are
trying to control)
http://www.prefab.com/uibrowser/
Apple has a similar tool for UI browsing but as I recall this worked
a bit better.

In cases where there is no object that's registering itself with
through the usual Objective-C mechanisms you can always just hard
code in a location and then begin to insert text.  Of course the
object (text field, e.g.) must actually be at the location for it to
work.

1.  Don't forget to put the osax library in the right location (I
think it's /System/Library/ScriptingAdditions/).
2.  Play with the osax commands in a regular applescript editor until
you know what's going on
3.  Get your working applescript working inside a runrev stack
4.  Enjoy life

Hope that helps,
Russ

Russ McBride