copy file on Mac

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon May 8 22:13:23 EDT 2006

Richard Gaskin mentioned you can *force* a file launch *sometimes* ;-)
by using the get info for a filetype, choosing which application and
then pressing the "Change All.." button.

I tried this on a single file, and it did seem to work. I'm hoping Apple
will come to it's senses soon and fix this eratic and un-standard behavior.

<rant>
Our development of altBrowser and other externals on the Mac takes more
than 10X the resources (our time) for the PC. It's not a familiarity
thing, but rather the fact that Apple keeps changing the frig&&ng spec,
every dot release. They actually change libraries during dot releases
for things like WebKit!! Not to mention, nothing's ever tested, and
there are few decent resources to get good dev help (other than paying
thousands to Apple as a certified Mac Developer). Now, they've broken
the WebKit printing engine, and we're having to jump through hoops to
work with the new one, undocumented and apparently very buggy.

Not to mention, they release a whole new version of the OS every year or
so. Geez.
</rant>

-Chipp