revdb error: MUST be select SQL

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 00:18:55 EDT 2006

--- Ivan <ivan at internet-marketing-today.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been testing the revDataFromQuery function
> with a SQL pragma query for
> sqlite3: PRAGMA table_info("articles")
>
> However, whenever I run it, I get an error message:
>
> "revdberr,Database Error: MUST be select SQL!"
>

> The reason seems to be because PRAGMA is not a
> select statement?
>
> I have not been able to find a solution in the docs
> - would anyone be able to
> help me on this please?
>

> thanks,
> Ivan Wong
> Internet-Marketing-Today.com

Hi Ivan,

The revDataFromQuery function is used to find and
return records from the database as one block of text
in a column and row-delimited format.

If you want to execute non-SELECT queries on a
database, use the revExecuteSQL command:
--
revExecuteSQL tConnectionID, tSQLQuery
--

Oh, and if you're going to read a lot of data from the
database without displaying it all right away, you

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>