Sort-of OT: Learning Python

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Sun May 7 00:23:36 EDT 2006

On May 6, 2006, at 4:37 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> In fact, I can't imagine anything easier than installing Python on
> Mac OS X. Just install the developemnt tools from your OSX CD. When
> you write a script and give it a .py extension, double-click it and
> if you didn't make any mistakes in the syntax, your application
> will be saved next to your script. Now try to compile an external
> for Rev ;-)

Double-clicking a .py file creates an application? So far (I'm not
sure what all I've done to my at-one-time-standard installation) it
just opens up in PythonIDE for me.

If you know of a set of instructions that get me from a standing
start to building an application using wxPython, please tell me where
they are.

regards,

Geoff