The end of OS9 development

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat May 6 20:48:51 EDT 2006

All-

Now that my domain's back on line (if anyone tried to email me and got
bounced, please try again) I can finally say:

R.I.P. CodeWarrior

Freescale/Metrowerks finally pulled the plug yesterday. The web pages
that describe CodeWarrior 10 are still online, but there is no mention
anymore of either the OS9 platform or IDE. In a way I have to say it's
about time - Apple stopped development of OS9 some four years ago, but
it marks the end of a 12-year run of being the dominant development
platform for the Macintosh.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net