ASCII Font?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon May 1 16:05:36 EDT 2006

On 5/1/06 1:57 PM, "Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com"
<Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com> wrote:

>> Does anyone know where to find a special font that was created way back
> in
>> the dim times (OS 7, I believe) that displayed for each character slot a
>> reduced character with the corresponding ASCII codes directly beneath
> them?
>> I'm *dying* for this font, as it is a real help in debugging oddly
> formatted
>> text...
>
> Ken,
>
> For the purpose you describe, you can probably use this to -make- an ASCII
> font. This service used to be free, but now it costs $9 per font. I used
> it and it works pretty good. You write (or type) onto the template what
> you want each letter to look like, upload it, and a font file is
> auto-generated.
>
> http://www.fontifier.com/

That looks neat, Roger, but unfortunately it doesn't handle the full 256
characters, which is what I need for the purposes I'm using it for.
Basically I'm looking to quickly see the ASCII values of non-printing chars
in context of other chars in the text.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/