More OSX Appearance Confusion

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 06:46:41 EDT 2006

--- Arthur Urban <aturban at qwest.net> wrote:
> All my controls appear correctly under OSX, but the
> window backdrop does
> not have that light horizontal striping that is
> typical of Aqua/Quartz
> application windows. Instead it's just plain white.
> Have I missed a
> setting in Rev? Thanx!

Hi Arthur,

You haven't missed a setting: according to Apple's
Human Interface Guidelines stripes are for dialog
boxes, toolbars and palettes ; documents shouldn't
have stripes.
TopLevel stacks are regarded as documents, so their
default background is white ; however, not all is
lost: you can add stripes through adding a control and
setting its backgroundPattern.
- create a new rectangle graphic
- send it to the back
- set its border to 0
- set its rectangle to (0, 0,stack width, stack
height)
- set its backgroundPattern to 210091 (you can find it
in the 'Standard Icons' set in the Image Library)

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>