OT: Apple at 30 - My Piece of the Big Fruit

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Thu Mar 30 15:51:04 EST 2006

We had Apple III (yes, the ill-fated 3 not 2) in the p-chem lab and
nobody knew what to do with it, so I got a free rein in using it.
That was a few years before Lisa and Macs. My first programs allowed
me to quickly check the correctness of calculations on student lab
reports :)

My first own Mac was SE but more memorable was a purchase of my first
hard drive a while later: close to $1200 for the whooping 20 MB
zero-footprint Jasmine drive. It was a big sacrifice for a graduate
student but I felt like a king!

Robert