Rev Media and the product line gap

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Tue Mar 28 15:48:43 EST 2006

Well,  All I can say to that is I also bought a Swiss army knife,
bought the Shop Smith (do everything woodworking power center),
bought the Ryobi Power-One do everything portable power tool kit,
Bought a color laser printer (for the price of just the included
expendables) that has built-in duplexing and prints B&W as
economically as a B&W only laser printer.

I could go on, but I see a pattern forming.  I buy tools.

I look for versatile tools that I can use to solve problems (big or
small) that I may encounter in the future.  I invest in a tool when
the price is right --since there is risk in any investment that I may
not get my investment back out.

I am rarely looking for a tool to solve one problem that I already
know about --that can justify an expensive tool.  If I have a very
complex immediate problem that needs an immediate solution, I will
look for a targeted application first before writing my own program.

Perhaps I am a dying breed -- the self sufficient inventive user of
tools to create personal solutions.  I do know that the better and
more versatile the tools that I have, the more empowered and
confidence I feel about being able to tackle any problem that life
throws at me.

Who knows, perhaps I represent the leading edge of the market for
personal programming tools.

Dennis