OT: Apple at 30 - My Piece of the Big Fruit

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 23:35:46 EST 2006

I think I will pull out my good ol' 128k Mac, 2nd HD, 2 Mb memory upgrade,
Roger Bates Ram Disk+ and run a little Excel 1.0, Word 1.0, MacPaint,
Hypercard 1.0, ResEdit, ResCopy, and a few of my favorite XCMD/XCFNs from
Rinaldi and others.

I actually wrote one XCFN in Pascal that *worked* using the Gary Bond
book... the agony was that the Pascal section had a typo in the callback
syntax, so I lost 3 days of my life.  This was before the internet, you
know.

May even try to start the luggable, but the lead batteries are toast.  Maybe
the adapter will still fire up the massive 2 Mb of RAM !!!

Fond memories and life changing revelations.
Became a consultant doing business apps in Hypercard.

I can't wait for the next 30 years !!!!

Jim Ault
Las Vegas