[OT] Platform-specific web page

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon Mar 27 16:55:21 EST 2006

Sarah,

can you check the User-agent header of the HTTP request. It shows
info like this:

my Firefox sends:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1)
Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1

my Safari sends:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/417.9
(KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/417.9.2

So I guess you can check for "Macintosh" in there... :-)

Cheers
andre