FTP and Cross platform issues....

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Mon Mar 27 13:21:20 EST 2006

Hi Dave...

Here are the answers to your questions:

Is the server on the local network or on the internet? It is on the local network.

Is the "OSX Tiger Server" running OS X Server or just plain OS X? It is running OSX SERVER Tiger (not the desktop OS)

Are you running any other "internet security" software on either the
client or server machine?  Local WinXP machine is running latest version of McAfee VirusScan Enterprise. Nothing on the server at this time.

Can you get some log data using libUrlSetLogField in the client? This
might help pin down where the problem is occurring? The info reported:

socket 10.58.1.7|6927
socket timeout 10.58.1.7:21|6927

What version of Rev and libUrl are you using? ("put libUrlVersion()"
in the message box will give you the libUrl version.) 1.1.4

Thanks for any feedback!

John Patten
SUSD

Message: 13