Save stacks periodically to avoid crashes?

Jon Seymour jonseymour at mac.com
Fri Mar 24 11:49:26 EST 2006

Hi, I've been using Rev for about a year. I'm sure it won't shock
most of you to hear that periodically Rev just seems tired and
crashes. Now I am sure that coding glitches are sometimes at fault,
but generally speaking I think Rev (esp. 2.7) has stability issues.
Here's the thing, though: it seems that if I am saving the stack
periodically, which I would tend to do to avoid losing data in a
crash, the program actually crashes less. It's as if saving has some
benefit to memory management or who-knows-what-else in the engine.
It's like a "refresh" function. Has anyone else observed this? Is
there a rationale? Would it be smart to have a commercial application
save its stacks regularly, not only to store user changes, but simply
to confer stability?

Jon