FTP and cross platform issues...

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Mar 23 03:27:25 EST 2006

Hi Mark

On 23 Mar 2006, at 00:56, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> If you'd like to do a test, I'm working on an FTP client. Contact
> me off-list if you would like to give it a try.

I noticed the above on the list. I wondered if you were planning on
using the current libUrl routines in your ftp client. The reason I'm
asking is that I was planning to produce a separate FTP library that
would duplicate most of  the existing  FTP stuff in libUrl, but also
add some further features. If this is something that you might be
interested in, or might help your client app, please let me know,
especially if you had any requests for additional FTP features not
currently in libUrl.

Although I've started on the new library (barely), I can't put a
definite time on its completion right now. But I would like to get
something completed over the next few weeks.

Cheers
Dave