imagedata in Word XML

Henk van der Velden henk at iglow-media.nl
Wed Mar 22 10:40:28 EST 2006

Hello Rob e.a.

On 19-mrt-2006, at 19:00, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

>>> Indeed does the text of an image contain binary data, but it
>>> looks like it's in the PNG format.
>>> I will do some testing.
>>> If the text of an image is PNG binary data, and the Word file
>>> contains only PNG images, I would be able to set the text of an
>>> image to the decoded text from the WordXML node.
>>
>> one could also try to simply "put" the data into an image!
>>
>> -> put url("binfile:image.png") into img 1
>> does work, so this is a least worth a try :-)
>>

> My assumption is that, just as changing an object's top property
> automatically changes other related properties (eg:
> topLeft,bottomRight, loc, etc.), changing an image's text property
> will automatically change imageData and other "text-related"
> properties of the image.  I'm a few days away from testing this
> issue myself.

I've done some testing, here are my results:
- when an image is loaded, it's text property is not set; when it is
imported, it is.
- when the text property of an image is changed, the imageData,
width, height etc also change.

So now I can use the binary data from the Word XML file,  decode
them, create a new, empty image on the card and set the text of that
image to the decoded binary data.

Henk