AltBrowser 2.0 Extension and Web 2.0 Web Apps?

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Fri Mar 17 16:05:22 EST 2006

Thanks for the quick reply!

I had been trying AltBrowser 2.0 in Rev 2.7. I'm not sure if that's the problem. But when I saw Chris's reply about using 2.6 I went back, downloaded the demo again, and opened it up in 2.6.

The first time I pointed the "Demo Browser" to writely.com I was able to log in, however when I went to edit a previously created document in Writely it through up an answer box, "link trying to open in new window: http://www.writely.com/DOC.aspx?id=bdcwwm88rvd" and "OK." After clicking OK Rev quit.

So i thought maybe the problem had to do with the fact that I was trying to access a previoulsy created Writely document. So, I created a new document, and was able to edit, update , log off and log on to edit with no problem.

Then I logged back in and and tried to access one of those previously created Writely documents, and everything worked. Oh, well there went that theory. :-)

I haven't tried in 2.7 again, I was just happy that it worked!

Thanks!

Message: 9