[OT] Spotlight and Tiger

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 07:20:37 EST 2006

On 3/16/06, Ian Wood <revlist at azurevision.co.uk> wrote:

> Sounds like the database files have got seriously corrupted somehow.
> <snip links>

Thanks for the links about rebuilding the database.

Note that the rebuild may take several hours...

Hmmmm. I think I might leave it until next time I have to watch paint dry:-)
FileBuddy gives me case sensitive searches and allows me to restrict the
search to 3 folders on 2 HDs. Gets the right file/folder every time in a
couple of seconds.

Then again, is the spotlight db only used by spotlight or is a corrupt db
likely to effect other things? Why can FileBuddy find the file and not
spotlight, I assume they use the same db?

Thanks