The templateField Keyword

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Sun Mar 12 19:03:24 EST 2006

Thanks for responding, Dan and Dave.

Dave,

	What you say below is not how I expect templateField to work based
on its description.  I thought that setting the templateField was a
one-time thing and that it remained in effect until it was reset.
Your handler based on the createField message would seem to make
templateField unnecessary because you're changing the style of newly
created fields using a script after they've been created, whereas the
point of templateField is to set those properties before.  Am I
misunderstanding what you've intended?  Incidentally, I was
introduced to templateField by another member on this list shortly
before 2.7 was released; I dabbled with it briefly, and it seemed to
work fine with 2.6, although Dan writes that it doesn't work in that
version either.

	Regards,

	Greg