Stack on a server

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Mar 8 20:58:05 EST 2006

On Mar 8, 2006, at 6:44 PM, Marty Knapp wrote:

> Can multiple people simultaneously access data from a Rev stack on
> a server (from a standalone)? Is there a recommended method of
> doing so?

Marty,

I do this all the time in our Mac labs. I've never seen a problem,
and all I do is put the stacks (or even standalones) on a server and
create an alias to it on the workstation. The stacks themselves are
read-only, and if I need to save data I write to text files or a
database. As far as I know it works for Windows workstations, too,
but my experience there is much more limited.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University