The End of Dreamcard?

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Mon Mar 6 17:33:37 EST 2006

Dan wrote:
--snip--

>This guy's not wealthy (he's retired) but he understands the value of the
>right tool for the right job. I just thought that was a terribly sane way to
>look at things.
>
>And no I'll step aside and wait for the flamers to point out how little
>money academia has, how unpredictable software strategies are and all the
>rest.
>
>:-)
>
>Dan

I've never had any complaints about DC or RR's prices. They seem
reasonble. There's something about cyberspace... Too many people want
something for nothing -- or very little. Maybe it's all those pirated
Mp3s. If someone wants to produce a legal shareware clone of Studio
for $10, it's a free county. Until then, supply and demand sets the
price.

Software strategies have always been unpredictable. Heck, I'm still
unhappy that it's no longer feasible for me to code my own web pages
in some ancient version of HTML. Sure, it can still be done, but I'd
miss out on too much functionality.

Do I get an emotional maturity award for this message?  ;-)

Tim