display correct data mySQL statement

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 12:41:09 EDT 2006

set the itemdel to tab
put item 32 of fld "Select springcalc"

of course, you could sometimes do
set the itemDel to comma

for path names, file names
set the itemDel to "/"
put item -1 of thisPath into thisFileName

set the itemDel to "."
put item -1 of thisPath into fileNameEnding

Caution:
because of the way Transcript defines items and lines, you are not counting
the number of delimiters, but the number of items/lines.  This will lead to
a special case of the last item being empty, or the last line being empty.

In transcript, this is not counted, thus

get the number of items in ("one,two,three,four,")  -- is 4
get the number of items in ("one,two,three,four,"&null)  -- is 5
--the same for lines, thus if you are retrieving tables that have a last row
or column that is empty, and are counting to control repeat loops, retrieve
values, etc, then use the form

repeat with x = 1 to the number of lines in (textBlock&null)
--> is correct count every time

Jim Ault
Las Vegas