Revolution Media Presentation Viewable on Web?

GregSmith brucegregory at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 27 12:04:59 EDT 2006

As a non-committed Revolution "explorer", my expectations are quite high,
these days, when I purchase any new authoring tool.  Prices are plummetting
everywhere and I expect very much bang for my buck.  After four days of
searching for the ultimate Mac-based web authoring product, I found that all
of them, except Revolution, (of any flavor), output my efforts as Flash or
QuickTime or CSS or HTML.   Most of these "solutions" were either extremely
elementary in the kind of content they could produce, or too cryptic with
not enough user examples and tutorials, to catch my dollar.

Revolution Media really caught my interest because of its friendly nature,
its low price and its ability to harness Transcript, the least intimidating
programming language out there, (I think).  Silly me, I just assumed that it
would generate some kind of standard web (browser) output that would retain,
at least most of the interactivity, I built in.  It is not out of the
question that a $49 authoring application would include this kind of
functionality.

No matter which version of Revolution you are trying to sell, nor how
technically educated the applicant may be, the guys and gals who pay their
wages all think mainly in terms of "The Web" for online dellivery of
multimedia content.  And the potential purchaser of a product like Media
will be thinking along those same lines.

Greg Smith