Revolution CGI error

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 15:51:18 EDT 2006

--- callum brines <cb at callum.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Just getting starting using Rev for CGIs on Mac OS X
> 10.4.6. I have
> followed Jacqueline Landman Gay�s invaluable CGI
> tutorial but when I
> run a simple script Safari returns an "internal
> Server error" and in
> the console I get the following message:
>
> "kCGErrorRangeCheck: Window Server communications
> from outside of
> session allowed for root and console user only".
>
> Stumped.
>
> Any help much appreciated.
>
> Callum

Hi Callum,

So far I haven't seen that particular error ; does it
appear in the 'general' console, or is this error
written to the httpd error log?

In the Console app, click the 'Logs' button, then use
the treeview to find the httpd error log in
/var/log/httpd/error_log

Anyone interested in running Rev CGI under MacOSX is
invited to take a look at the forum topic:
<http://forums.runrev.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119>
Dave Cragg and I got it running on both PowerPC and
Intel Macs, so I'm sure you can too :-)

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports for Revolution