OT: Win virtualization with Parallels?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 15:45:34 EDT 2006

--- Phil Davis <davis.phil at comcast.net> wrote:
> I noticed at Revcon that one or more presenters used
> Parallels
> (virtualization product) to show Windows stuff on an
> Intel Mac. Can
> anyone comment on how well Parallels works, or if
> there's a better way
> to go? I'm thinking of taking the plunge but wanted
> to 'consult my
> sources' first.
>
> Thanks -
> Phil Davis

Hi Phil,

At RevConWest I was using Parallels + Win2K to show
some parts of my presentation material on Windows -
and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised with the
performance of what was at the time RC21.
In my experience, it works like a charm - though your
mileage may vary as its support for USB was not
complete according to the latest messages on the Net.

Probably a little late if you've already bought it,
but I thought I'd share my impressions nonetheless...

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====