U3 apps and rev

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 12:44:38 EDT 2006

Clearly U3 is a marketing opportunity (if it's even that) and not a
technology opportunity. U3 is just another target platform for which you can
choose to compile your Rev apps. If there's anyone on this list who can be
characterized as paranoid and vigilant about RR losing its xplat focus, I
suspect that'd be me. And I'm not troubled by this move. Windows is
proprietary. So is OS X. Ultimately, we'll compile apps for handheld and
other devices, all of which are likely to be proprietary.

If you think a product you're offering is a great candidate for the U3
platform, you compile for it and deliver it. The fact that you use the Rev
compiler reduces the qualification period for your app from weeks to hours.
If you don't see U3 as a viable platform for your app, just don't check the
box. No harm, no foul.

And FWIW, I'm as confused about any other reason you'd adopt U3 as a
platform as everyone else here.