Reordering lists with drag n' drop

Geoff Canyon geoffc at inspiredlogic.com
Fri Jun 16 20:58:19 EDT 2006

You could look at the code in Navigator, which does this. An older
version is in your plugins folder; it implements drag and drop with a
line showing where the drag will end up. The latest version
implements drag and drop in a different way, making the change
immediate as you drag. You can find the latest version at (shameless
plug):

http://www.inspiredlogic.com/navigator/navigator.html

In both versions the code is in the List field in Navigator, which is
easy to get to using Navigator itself: hold down the option key (to
see development environment stacks including plugins) and click on
the stack menu, and select Navigator. Then double click the "List"
field to edit its script.

The code isn't particularly clean in either case. Both of them use
code I picked up from someone else and made changes to, so the code
hasn't been treated well ;-)

Both support multiple highlights using shift-click and command
(control)-click.

regards,

Geoff