Application Icon Requirements

Tom Cole tom.cole at asu.edu
Tue Jun 13 22:19:49 EDT 2006

Thanks to those who gave me information on icons. I'm striking out,
though. I just want to make a little icon with an old paint program --
just something like a single letter or a little design. I don't want to
buy a program for one icon, especially when I think it might be
possible to do it more simply. I've made some little graphics,, but I
put them into the Standalone Applications Settings in Studio, I get a
message that a large number of required  things are missing. What is a
simple way to make a modest little icon with a paint program and gif
converter and make it work?

Thanks!
Tom