A new definition of libraries (was: Linux Installation)

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 14:21:03 EDT 2006

FWIW, this definition proposed by Mark is what I've always thought a
standalone app is. Of course, I've not worked inside Linux nor have I
attempted to create any apps that run on Linux. If indeed a common set of
"constant" libraries exists for all (or virtually all) Linux distros, then I
would say that a Rev app compiled for Linux ought to rely solely on those
libraries and on Rev libraries incorporated into the compiled standaloe
application explicitly or implicitly.