AltSQLite and Database Query Builder

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Tue Jun 6 13:22:04 EDT 2006

On 6/6/06 12:08 PM, "Michael Mandaville" <transcom at comcast.net> wrote:

> I am currently using altSQLite3 and trying to see if I can use the Database
> Query Builder to hook it into.  I have a few questions.
>

> 1.   Once the database has been created, is it best placed in the same
> folder as the Applications Mainstack?
>
> Or in the folder with the Revolution Application?

I've always found that the database has to be the same folder as the
application (which for recent versions is inside the folder with the version
number and gm.

> 2.  In Database Query Builder, I have the following questions:
>
> A)Host:
> In the tutorial, the writer puts in "RunRev".
> Does this mean that the Host is the Revolution Studio Application?
> But should I put in "localhost"?
> Or name it anything that I want?
> Or Use the Filepath to the Database file? (not the Application)

For both host and database put the name of the database.

> B) Database
> Is this only the name of the Database?   e.g..  "TestDatabase"
>
> OR should it include the entire FilePath
> "A:\\HardDriveName\Applications\Revolution Studio\Work\TestDatabase"
>

> Or should it ALWAYS have the extension?   e.g. "TestDatabase.sqlite"
> Should the extension be ".sqlite"  OR "dbsqlite" OR "altsqlite3"

I use the extension .db and the extension .sqlite

> C)User
> If it is on my local machine, then do I have to put in a User Name?
> Or is there a default if I am NOT on an external server?
> Or can I leave it blank to connect?
>
> D) Password:
> If it is on my local machine, then do I have to put in a Passwoord?
> Or is there a default if I am NOT on an external server?
> Or can I leave it blank to connect?

For sqlite3 you have to put your email and the special password altuit gives
you or it will not work

> I also learned from Chris at altuit that in the Altuit tutorial's CONNECTION
> BUTTON SCRIPT, the revdb_connect command...requires the commas.
> E.g.
> €"AppReg.db",,,,,
>
> According to Chris,  "You need the commas.  They are extra parameters that
> revdb uses when connecting to other database(Mysql,Postgres, Oracle and the
> like)..In altSqlite we don't need them, but they still need to be passed to
> the function call as empty."
>
> A lot of people might already know that but not a Newbie like myself.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Revolutionary Michael

            |    |    |
           )_)  )_)  )_)