Text to Speech on XP

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Jul 28 11:50:48 EDT 2006

The externals property is just the first thing I would check.

on checkForSpeechExternal
   if "/revspeech.dll" is not in \
     the externals of the mainstack of me
     then
       beep
       answer "Sorry, can't find speech dll."
     end if
   end if
end checkForSpeechExternal

Assuming that Windows' Speech has been installed properly, if this
script doesn't show the answer dialog, maybe you need to check the
Speech settings? I don't remember that I ever had to do this
manually, but you might want to change the voice and the speech
engine used by Windows. I had to tweak a bit when doing this in
Windows 98.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download ErrorLib at http://economy-x-talk.com/developers.html and
get full control of error handling in Revolution.

Op 28-jul-2006, om 17:31 heeft sims het volgende geschreven: