Side-Scrollers / Drag-n-Drop

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Wed Jul 26 05:56:04 EDT 2006

Richmond,

You have a couple of options (at least):

1) Break up your infinite repeat loop, and instead use "send ... in"
messages to do periodic polling. As in:

on openCard
	repeat until A=2
    		doSomething
	end repeat
end openCard

Becomes:

on openCard
	doSomethingRepeated
end openCard

on doSomethingRepeated
	doSomething
	if (A=2) then return
	else send "doSomethingRepeated" to this card in 10 milliseconds
end doSomethingRepeated

2) Another option is to look into using "wait ... with messages" inside
your repeat loop. That would allow you to receive the mouseUp /
mouseDown events, and from those handlers set a global flag to break
out of the loop if necessary. Something like:

global AFlag

on openCard
	repeat until AFlag=2
    		doSomething