Voip via Revolution

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Sun Jul 23 18:28:57 EDT 2006

On 14/7/06 19:34, Brent Anderson wrote:
> I'm looking into experimenting with Voip using Revolution and am
> curious how others would implement it. I've been doing some research
> on the mailing lists, forums, and documentation, and have concluded
> that the only way this would be possible is through the use of an
> external. Is there any other way this could be accomplished, as I'm
> not too keen on trying to piece something together at a lower level,
> let alone porting it to different architectures. If I will have to
> bite the bullet and use externals, are there any on the mailing lists
> who could point me in the right direction on where to get started,
> particularly on Mac OS X?

I guess it depends what you're actually trying to achieve, but in general
speaking as a lazy man I'd avoid as far as possible re-inventing anyone else's
  wheels.

In that spirit - and a Mac solution only, but hey there's reasons why that's
still, sometimes, a superior platform - I just checked and Skype appears to
have a proper AppleScript dictionary, including AppleScript access to the
Skype API (cool).  Looks to me like that lets you do pretty much everything
from Rev:
	https://developer.skype.com/Docs/ApiDoc/Commands

   Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
   Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
   http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866