A CGI which use socket / datagrams?

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sat Jul 22 08:17:29 EDT 2006

I`ve been having some problems with tests using Rev based CGI's and
the "openSockets" commands... use-case = CGI sends an IM to a Rev
client somewhere on the internet.

I set up a test with a simple socket listner on a local machine and
used localhost or the ip address for the listner and sender - got this
working with datagrams and normal sockets - however with the script
called by the Apache Web server (on OSX) I get no response and nothing
after the call get executed?

Any ideas? Don't think this is a version issue as I'm usin the latest
Darwin engine... and sockets have been around a while - seems to me
that the calls to the socket are being prevented by Apache? Any ideas?