Combo boxes in background groups

James Spencer jspencer78 at mac.com
Fri Jul 21 23:11:13 EDT 2006

Maybe there's no easy way to do this but it surprised me a bit: I
would like to have a combobox in a background group with what would
be its sharedText property set to false, assuming it had a sharedText
property.  Being a button, it of course does not so I hoped its
sharedHilite property would have the same effect but unfortunately
no; changing the text in the field portion of button, whether by
typing in the box or by selecting a menu choice, changes every card
with that background on it.

Does anyone know of an easy way to include a combo box in a
background but permitting each card to have a different value.  I can
simulate it a couple different ways, e.g. storing a custom property
with the card on closing and reset it on opening but it seems it
should be as easy as it is for regular input text fields.

Spence

James P. Spencer
Rochester, MN

jspencer78 at mac.com

"Badges??  We don't need no stinkin badges!"