Game Developers -- Call

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sat Jul 15 11:54:15 EDT 2006

Dear Sivakatirswami

Another thought crossed my mind: Maybe you don't want an Rev program
explicitly, but "only" cross platform capabilities? In that case you
might want to make a post about your needs to the following forums:

iDevGames classified:
http://www.idevgames.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

The Gamedev.net "help wanted" forum is made for indy game development:
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/forum.asp?forum_id=8
For more commercial games they suggest to post here (am not sure what
fits your intends):
http://www.gamedev.net/directory/careers/

Devmaster is a smaller site, but still has many developers visiting
there:
http://www.devmaster.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43

For all these sites, its best to have a clear plan already, state how
much you're willing to pay, if it's negotiable, what kind of game you
want, what you offer (art, sound, concept etc.) how much the developer
must bring in (time constrains, concept requirements etc.). THe more
details the better the people can adjust to your needs. Also clearly
demand the platforms you need, iDevGames for example is for mac
developers, the others are more windows centric.

Also of note is that these sites get hundreds of people saying "I want
to do the next world of warcraft". So people get miffed pretty quickly
there. That's why it's so important to have a clear vision, and to
communicate it exactly.

Have fun
Bjoernke von Gierke