Internal security of Rev?

John Tregea john at debraneys.com
Tue Jul 11 22:56:37 EDT 2006

Thanks Chipp and Troy,

I have looked at the encryption that is built into Rev and it seems very
robust in terms of encrypting data. But I have to save the bit length,
encryption type and key string (128 byte character string) inside rev to
be able to un-encrypt the data coming back from the database. I have
base64encoded them in my trials (and stuck them in custom properties)
but know that the syntax in the scripts spells out where to get the info
and how to decode it.

Like putting a big padlock on the door with a note stuck to it saying
"the key is under the mat".

John