Dependence on Programming Experts

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 21:52:25 EDT 2006

On 7/12/06, Josh Mellicker <josh at dvcreators.net> wrote:
> I have found Rev extremely intuitive except for one thing:
>
> I wish it would parse
>
> x = 5
>
> (if not following an IF)
>
> the same as
>
> put 5 into x

I would like this for speed of scriptiing reasons, but not for logic
reasons - if that makes sense. It would be much faster to type "x = 5"
than "put 5 into x" but less logical.

When I first started to learn programming (many years ago), I came
across a line like this:
    x = x + 1

My eyes glazed over as I tried to work out what they meant by this
obviously false statement! How can anything be equal to itself plus 1
- that's just crazy. So I'm happy to stick to "put 5 into x" and "add
1 to x" :-)

Cheers,
Sarah