Dependence on Programming Experts

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 22:31:50 EDT 2006

Judy....

I thnk the research is a tad mixed on the subject. I remember a wonderful
book back in the mid- to late 80's called "A Small Matter of Programming" by
Bonnie Nardi, an extremely bright researcher in end-user programming. Excel
macros -- which I'd argue are among the most obtuse "languages" on the
programming planet -- rate very high with inventive user programmers despite
their complete lack of English-like syntax or rationale.

I thnk your point in general is well taken but the exceptoins are
mind-blowing.