udp: determine local port?

John Craig jc at spl21.net
Mon Jul 10 04:51:50 EDT 2006

Alex Tweedly wrote:

> I don't know of a way to do this directly - certainly nothing I can
> see in the docs, and haven't seen it done.
>
> There is a pretty nasty (but generally effective) way to do it .....

Thanks, Alex.  The reason I asked was that I have hooked up an Aviosys
IP POWER 9200 box to a network.  It has digi inputs and outputs for
controlling mains appliances.  You can set the port that it accepts data
on, but it always replies on another  port, so the handler for UDP
replies never gets called.  I thought if I could determine the local
port used I could then listen for the reply data.  I'm just using the
default port that it sends the replies to and it's working fine.

:-)