Can't enter anything with the keyboard

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jul 5 22:54:03 EDT 2006

Bill wrote:
> I have a new bug or error which makes it so I can't type in any field
> including the property inspector or the message box after I print a card to
> my HP laserjet 1320.
>
> In order to get out of the locked effect I either have to close and restart
> runrev or sometimes close just one of the stacks I'm working on.
>
> Has anyone seen this? When you try to enter text anywhere even control m to
> bring up the message box (you can use the mouse and the menus) it will beep.
>
> There is no error window or palettes open.

This is pretty classic of a modal dialog being open, and since you can't
see it, it may be hidden behind some other window. (That's hard to do,
but it can happen.) Try hitting the return key when it next happens to
see if you can trigger the default response in the dialog and close the
window. Then walk through your scripts to figure out what modal window
might be opening (ask and answer dialogs are modal, for example. Check
for those.) There is almost nothing else that causes all actions in any
stack, including the IDE, to just beep.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com